States of Matter Cover Sheet
1. be able to compare and contrast the four phases of matter,
2. be able to compare and contrast evaporation and condensation,
3. be able to compare and contrast heat of fusion and heat of vaporization,
4. be able to explain the kinetic theory of matter,
5. be able to explain thermal expansion,
6. be able to explain pressure,
7. be able to explain Boyle's and Charles Laws,
8, be able to desccribe the Bernoulli Effect, Archimedes's Principal and Pascal's Principal.
|Maximum Score||Check if attached||Score|
|States of Matter Vocabulary||10|
|States of Matter Review Questions||20|
|Matter and Temperature Study Guide/Reinforcement||15|
|Bimetallic Strip Enrichment/Evaporation Mini-Lab||15|
|Uses of Fluids Study Guide/Reinforcement||20|
|Behavior of Gasses Study Guide/Reinforcement||20|
|Pressure and Temperature Lab||20|
|Changes in State Reinforcement||10|
|Physics Demonstrations Journal Entries||30|
|Phases of Matter Quiz||20|
Phases of Matter Journal Entries
Watch the following demonstrations. Each entry is worth up to 5 points.
a. Demo #1, Seat of nails. Explain why you can sit on the seat of nails, in terms of pressure.
b. Demo #2, Can Crush. Write a paragraph which explains how the can crushes and why.
c. Demo #3, Dry Ice. Describe 3 things we did with dry ice.
d. Demo #4, Julius Sumner Miller, Adventures with Bernoulli. Describe the demonstrations in the video.
e. Demo #5, Julius Sumner Miller, Pascal's Principal. Describe the demonstrations in the video.
f. Demo #6, Julius Sumner Miller, Archimedes Principal. Describe the demonstrations.